Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Chicken Soup

Continuing to read this book, I skipped around and read different stories from different sections. The story that I liked was Get Over it and Move On. I liked two quotes from this story a lot, because it impacted me and left its mark on me. They are, "I just know that life keeps changing, but we have to go on anyway-with or without the people that we love." The second quote that I really liked was, "You just have to get over it and go on." Some questions that I have after reading this story is why do bad things happen to good people? and What goes through the minds of those who know they are doing something wrong? I think that you can never know what will happen in your life, but it's the way you look at the situation. Like this girl, Christina Zucal, even though she went through a lot in her life, like loosing her parents and her sister and then her foster parents getting a divorce, she looked at it with a positive attitude and believed that she just had to get over it and move on. As for my second question, I really can't say because everybody thinks differently, but why would people do things that can get themselves and the others around them in trouble? Like Christina's mom. She had decided to drive while she was drunk causing herself to get broken bones, her oldest daughter broken bones, and her younger daughter a broken back. It also caused her to loose custodity of her children. All of this because she decided to drive while she was drunk. I really liked this story because even though all of these bad things were going on in her life, Christina never gave up and just moved foward in her life, waiting for the things that will make up for all the bad in her life.

1 comment:

Haley said...

They kind of touched on this topic on church this Sunday-- "Why do bad things happen to good people," and I still really don't know, but that message kind of gave me a few explanations ....

but the second question ties to the first one-- "why do people do bad things if they know that it's bad and it hurts others.." or something like that... but I think that especially in the situation with the drunk mom is that good people do stupid stuff, but they don't know that it's dumb at the moment because they're not being mindful :] but ya I think that they don't know that it's bad, because they're too caught up in the moment, but later they may regret it.... but I also think that that's one reason why bad things happen to good people, because good people make bad choices and other good people are affected negatively by it.