Sunday, January 25, 2009

Chicken Soup

At the moment I am reading short stories from the book Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul 2 and I just finished all of the stories on friends.  One quote that I liked from this section of the book is..
"A friend will not talk bad about you and will never lie.  Friends are always there for you if you need to cry.  Friends will be there for you through thick and through thin.  When the rest of the world walks out on you, a friend will walk in."  This was written by a thirteen year old girl named Nicole Johnson.  Couple of questions that I have after reading this section is what is a true friend to you? and what is a true friend to me?  I really like all of the Chicken Soup books because they are real stories written by real people that are our age, that everyone can relate to no matter how old you are.  We can turn to these books when we are going through a hard time and know that other people are going through similar hardships and you are not alone. 

No comments: