Monday, May 25, 2009

My Sister's Keeper

Because I have already finished Gathering Blue, I started to read My Sister's Keeper. 
Q: "I want to sue them for the rights to my own body."
Q: Why does she want to put herself, her sister, and her family in all the pain that she is about to start for all of them by suing her parents?
C: I think that even though she is still young, she has a say in everything that happens in her life.  As of right now she has been there for her sister every time she needed something from her, from advice to bone marrow.  As Anna is growing up she loves her sister, but doesn't want to have to go through what she has to everyday.  She wants her parents to love her for who she is, not for what she is doing to save her sister Kate.  Kate has cancer and Anna was created as an exact match to donate blood, bone marrow, and a kidney to her.  Anna doesn't want this anymore and decides that she is going to sue her parents, and this book is about the journey she takes in life. 

No comments: